New Channel 8

New Channel 8

Grand rapids bankruptcy

How can one stop a wage garnishment michigan state levies when an individual is behind on their taxes, child support, or other debts? One way to stop IRS wage garnishments is to file for bankruptcy. You can file bankruptcy yourself or for your company, but there are many concerns that accompany filing bankruptcy. Filing bankruptcy is one way to stop the wage garnishment michigan state or the federal government is required to administer when one is behind on one’s debts, but there are also other options available to stop this garnishment Michigan or the federal government levies on debtors. These other options include offer in compromise and installment plans.

The first question is whether you want to contract the services of a bankruptcy litigation attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the labyrinth of bankruptcy in michigan, which has a number of laws regarding who can file for which kind of bankruptcy. The types of bankruptcy available in Michigan and elsewhere in the nation include corporate and personal, as well as options for liquidation of assets or consolidation of debt. A bankruptcy attorney can assist you in selecting the option(s) that best fit your situation and will put you in the best situation once you have recouped. You also have to factor in bankruptcy attorney fees.

There are options for filing bankruptcy online and without legal assistance, but it is prudent to at least seek a consultation regarding your situation, even if you do not plan to use legal assistance throughout your process. There are a number of benefits to filing bankruptcy, but you should discuss them with an experienced professional before making a decision.

7 thoughts on “Michigan Wage Garnishment

  1. If I’m married, but only my financial solubility is affected by the debt, can I file for bankruptcy without adding my spouse’s name to the filing?

  2. Isn’t it expensive to file for bankruptcy, especially if you use a lawyer?

  3. Isn’t it expensive to file for bankruptcy, especially if you use a lawyer?

Leave a Reply